15 January 2009

Lessig denied by Viacom

Was just having a look at Lawrence Lessig's blog since he twittered that he had an interview with Stephen Colbert. He puts up YouTube link in the post "let the remixes begin", unfortunately ...

Yup, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc."

Kinda ironic, but expected.

However here is the interview which still works (for now)


I loved the great example Colbert makes by "adding value" to Lessigs book by scratching out Lessig's name and drawing a Snoopy inside.

"Now, my book! My Work of Art! You OK with that?"
"OK, put this on EBay, and see if its going to get more than amazon.com"
"Yes!"
"Thats exactly my point! You've added value to that! Bravo."

Colbert then does what he does best and says:

" ... nobody should take my work and add anything thats inappropriate, thats what I'm saying. Never, EVER!"

yk.