29 August 2005

Blam

This morning I received over 10 comments on my post on Astro. Now for a blog which doesnt really have much traffic I was surprised. Unfortunately they were all spam. Its funny because they always start off with 'Your blog is great!' or 'Nice job, I will bookmark..' and then proceed to sell their warez.

Very annoying, I have deleted them since, and just found out that blogger.com has three options to deal with this problem.
1) allow only registered users to post or
2) use Word Verification so that a human has to read some wierd fonts and type in stuff. Like so:

3) disable comments -:d'oh:-

I hate registering myself on websites, so Im not too keen on option 1, so I guess option 2 is the least intrusive. If the problem persists however I will have to chose both.

Anyway, so what do you call Blog Spam? Blam?

yk.